Monday, June 02, 2008

Bright Rovi.. BRATs la!


I wouldn't at all be surprised if i were the last person from the Penang Workshop to blog about BRATs. But let me say this, joining BRATs has got to be one of the better decisions I've made thus far this year. No shit. By the way BRATs stands for Bright Roving Annoying TeenS

In case you're wondering, BRATs is a young journalist/writers program held on a yearly basis by The Star, a leading daily in the country. it’s been around since 1993, which makes this the 15th year since its launch. every year, applications are open to youths all over Malaysia from the ages of 16-19, to participate in camps in a variety of places.

I'll be talking about this whole workshop experience from a personal point of view or rather, my point of view.

To be honest, I headed north to Penang (where the workshop was held) without much expectations and even less enthusiasm. But there was still a slight measure of zeal and excitement la, of course. What more when it's going to be held in Penang, my all-time favourite among the states in Malaysia thus far.

Well to put it simply, the BRATs workshop was plain awesome. I loved and enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

There's just so many things to say about the workshop. The people, activities, games, tasks, assignments and what not. And I'm damn lazy to talk about them all. Among the people I know who've "properly" blogged about the workshop are Sandra, Michelle, Sandheep, Joye and Qisthina.
 
So yea, go ahead and check them out. 


No comments: